Wednesday 25 July 2018

ALEXI K - ABSTRACT ARTIST

''developing naturally towards abstraction''



Above: Woman Disrobing, Pen & Ink, 2013

After college, I started out doing figurative and illustrative art, and even got signed to a big agency, but I eventually realised that the kind of art that I wanted to explore had little to do with commercial considerations.



Above: Controlled Explosion, Acrylic on Canvas, 76cm x 101cm, 2015


Influenced by movements such as Cubism ( Picasso and Braque ), Bauhaus and the Dutch Avant-Garde ( Kandinsky and Mondrian ), I developed naturally towards abstraction. 

I share my studio with fellow painter Zarina Keyani, and we often use our wall space to exhibit work by friends from our art collective The Cobalt Blue.


Below: Studio Wall, also featuring work by Zarina Keyani ( bottom left and bottom right ).




Alexi has exhibited in Japan, Greece and the UK, and have clients in various parts of the USA.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.